Wednesday, August 5, 2020

Sweet Summer Card



I like this new Blogger format even though the photos are gigantic....good for showing details but magnifies imperfections. LOL!  Anyway, I'm not sure why I like ant images, but these Whimsy and Lawn Fawn ones were so cute. (I once ate ants that were covering a chocolate covered doughnut...ewwww! Also I was at one time plagued by fire ants who somehow nested in my toilet...painful! So why do I still think ants are cute?) I created this card to use the images and to try out the new LF pivoting pop-up die.  I had to watch the Lawn Fawn video several times before I understood the mechanics of this unique paper gizmo.  The card was further inspired by the lovely fruit patterned paper by Bella Blvd.  My favorite part of this card (besides the awesome pivoting part) is the watermelon seeds on the front.  I thought long and hard on how to create them without applying wet black dimensional paint...a recipe for disaster on an almost finished card.  Finally, I came up with the idea of squirting some Glossy Accent onto black paper and using a pin to drag out a point on each seed.  After the seeds were dry, I cut them out and glued them down. Eureka!..fake watermelon seeds!  Well, that's all for today.  Be nice and you'll have a nice day!
















2 comments:

yyam said...

Ahhhh..you make the cutest cards! And always incorporate so many details. I'm a "slap it on and be done" kind of cardmaker...hahaha

P/s: You can adjust the size of your photos...Click on your image and you can use the + to increase the image size or - to decrease the image size.

Annette Allen said...

now this is too fun. I have not tried one of these fun opening cards. Now I think I need too.
It is full of fun.