Thursday, November 5, 2020

Acorn Calendar Tags

As a small child I lived in Illinois for a few years. We didn't have much, so small things from nature (like acorns) were my playthings.  It is no surprise then that this Lawn Fawn die set was a must have purchase. I thought that it would work well as the centerpiece of a calendar tag.
I love the details of this die...note the stitching on the cap and the cute windows.  You could put any small die cut animal in the doorway but I thought the squirrel was appropriate.  I used a small punch to cut out clear acetate for the door window. (For some reason there was no die piece to cut out the circle.)
I truly believe in this Driscoll quote that I discovered on a Penny Black wood handled stamp.  I used 3 in 1 Beacon glue to add on the leaves and scrolls that were die cut from copper colored foil.
Most of the autumn themed printed card stock that I had in my stash had only print on one side so I used the Little B tag die (from a set) to cut fronts and backs that coordinated and glued them together.  I thought the acorns were a bit plain so I added the leaves plucked from a garland purchased at HM BFC.
The squirrel came from a Lawn Fawn set sold last year which I think is still available.  I think it is one of the cutest Thanksgiving stamp sets.  Since there will probably be no big Thanksgiving dinners this year (pandemic masks tend to discourage feasting), I think I will bake goodies and tie calendar tags onto the bags so the recipients will know that I am grateful for their long distance friendship. Autumn Hugs!

 

No comments: