Thursday, January 14, 2021

Cupcake Hugs

These cards (which could be Valentine or Thank You cards) were started with the desire to try out a new Lawn Fawn stencil set.  The conversation candy heart background was easily stenciled on with the two LF stencils, Studio G pastel inks and a small stencil brush. The cupcake dies (also from Lawn Fawn) were used to cut the cute cupcakes. (I think next time I will cut the eyes and mouth out on the cupcake and glue black paper behind it as the little pieces were really difficult to glue down.)
The script 'hugs' and inside pop up HUGS were cut using LF dies.  The pop up die cut on the inside is a new one that I really like and should be useful for many card designs.  Oh yes, the box of cards is from HM Ben Franklin Crafts contains raised dots (like dotted swiss fabric) blank cards and envelopes. The store had many pretty blank card sets. Valentine cards are really my favorite cards to craft...something about the colors and sweet images makes me happy.  I still have great memories of the Valentine mailboxes in my elementary school classes. Do you?  It was exciting to give and receive sentimental greetings. Too bad mostly everyone today prefers to send virtual Valentine cards. HUGS!

 

No comments: