Saturday, January 2, 2021

Tie-Dyed Thank You Cards

Being of the flower children generation, of course couldn't resist the Hero Arts stamp set and new Hero Arts reactive inks (not in photo).  It was easy to mist watercolor paper with water and stamp the colorful inks to make prints reminiscent of tie-dyed T-shirts.  Some of the designs were too light and blurry once they dried so I used an (old) Hero Arts wooden stamp to add some words and circles.  I liked this better than what I had originally imagined.  The printed water colored designs were then cut with a rectangular Lawn Fawn die before adhering to the blank card.
These cards with die cut foil 'thanks' were good quick cards to mail out.  I'm old fashioned and still believe in handwritten thank you cards mailed out within two weeks of opening a gift.  I hope you'll try making these really easy cards which can be used for many occasions by just changing the words.  I think they would look like fireworks if you just stamp the designs in metallic inks on black cards....for New Years...maybe?  Have a healthy 2021!



 

2 comments:

eunice said...

Wow, wow, wow! Guess I'm a Flower Power child too 'cause I LOVE these tie dye cards! Colors are so bright and fun. Will have to look into how the Hero Arts Reactive inks work...very cool effects!

Annette Allen said...

wow those are so COOL. totally love