Saturday, May 1, 2021

Mahalo Orchid Card

A very dear friend of mine recently gave me this beautiful bag from Mohala (a sunglass company started by her daughter).  The amazing part is that my friend designed the graphics on this bag. Isn't it gorgeous?  To make a thank you card for this super birthday gift, I chose some stamp designs by Hero Arts.
I wanted the overall look of the card to be light and delicate so I chose not to use all the elements of the HA stamp set.  After stamping, I was pleased that the card had a Japanese cherry blossom print look (maybe I should have used my 'arigato' stamp instead of the Rubber Stamp Plantation 'mahalo' stamp). The floral stamps used were of orchids which I chose because they matched the bag.  I used a variety of inks and gold embossing powder to achieve the finished look.
For the back of the card and on the envelope I added special touches with little stamps and a piece of washi tape (from Daiso).  It just take a few extra seconds to do this but I like to think the recipient will appreciate the effort.  

 

No comments: