Sunday, July 25, 2021

Dinosaur Birthday Tags

As mentioned in the previous post, I had to rush and finish these birthday tags before the party.  I started with some birthday print double-sided card stock from my never-ending scrap pile.  (In hindsight, I should have just used plain white cardstock as the print was too colorful and overwhelmed the dinosaurs.)  Anyway, I used my faithful Little B giant tag die to cut two tags.  Next I found black sticker letters in my really old stash and used them to spell out the names.  A Lawn Fawn die was used to cut out the green hill and Darice (from HM BFC) felt sticker dinosaurs were applied.  Whimsy characters (actually dragons not dinosaurs) were stamped, colored and fussy cut before adhering them to the tags.  A little Scribbles sparkle was added to the dinosaur with the balloons and Nuvo white dimensional paint was added to the cake on the other tag.  Lawn Fawn birthday words were stamped on white paper and colored in with Copic markers before fussy cutting.
Like the twin birthday boys, I wanted the tags to be similar but different.  I wish I had more time to make some color changes but procrastination won out again. Oh well, the sweeties are only three so I think they will be more interested in what the gift bags hold than the tags tied onto them.  Hopefully, they will appreciate seeing their names on the tags. When you don't have time to make a fancy card, decorated tags can still make a gift look special.                                                

2 comments:

yyam said...

They are soooooo cute! Kids love colour and pattern!

eunice said...

The dinosaur tags for your grandsons are CUTE! They are colorful and fun, perfect for 3 year olds. Decorated gift tags have always been my go to when I'm in a pinch. Better than store bought b'cause everyone "knows" who that gift is from!