Thursday, July 29, 2021

Recently, I had the opportunity to pick some fresh lavender.  They smelled wonderful even after drying.  I decided to pair them with a Rubberstampede image (from my ancient stash).  I used 3 in 1 Beacon glue (also sold as Fabri-Tac) to glue the dried stems to the stamped panel (cut from watercolor paper) that was colored with watercolor pencils and Ranger Distress Inks.  Heiko gauze ribbon from Celebrations was tied into a small bow and glued down.  Small drops of Lavender scented essential oil (sold at HM Ben Franklin Crafts) was applied to the lavender sprigs and the ribbon. Heiko double stick tape (from HM Ben Franklin Crafts) was used to attach the watercolored panel to the purple card blank (Paper Accents from HM BFC).  The glue, color pencils and Distress Inks were also purchased at HM BFC.  I plan to tell the recipient of this card to cut the front off and use it as a sachet in a clothing drawer.  It's fun to design a card that has a double purpose.  This card was a simple pleasure to create and I hope it gives you some creative inspiration.

 

2 comments:

eunice said...

This lavender card that doubles as a sachet is really beautiful and makes such a lovely gift! You are a crafter of so many talents and it's quite inspiring to see how you bring many genres of crafts together to create treasures like this!

Annette Allen said...

This is beautiful.. I love Lavender.. I have lots of it in my yard.