Monday, August 2, 2021

Winnie the Pooh Gift Bag

A Winnie the Pooh fan is having a birthday, so I wanted to make a special gift bag for her.  When I got this yellow L'Occitane  bag, it's color screamed "Winnie"!  Luckily, I had some Winnie the Pooh themed double sided card stock that I purchased from HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  I cut the papers into 8x8 pieces and adhered them to the front and back of the bag. 
I wanted to cover all the L'Occitane logos so I had to decorate the sides of the bag too.  I had leftover paper and ribbon so I used those along with some dimensional Winnie the Pooh stickers.
The paper cord handles of the bag were rather plain and unattractive, so I ripped them out and replaced them with some printed satin ribbons....better looking and easier to hold.
Even the bottom of the bag had a logo so I had to cover that too.  I used a funny Taylored Expressions stamp on a scrap of card stock to add some humor....hope she notices it!
Here is a better view of the other side of the bag that was decorated with another 8x8 cardstock, die cut words and sticker bees..  As a bee and honey lover, I can imagine myself as Winnie eating honey with a careful eye on the bees.  Hmm-mm-m-m  honey!

 

2 comments:

eunice said...

Whoa, you are quite the master at upcycling boxes and bags into creative, artsy gift and treasure holders! Handled store bags are hard to come by these days so giving them a second life is such a great idea!

yyam said...

This turned out super cute! What a great upcycle!