Thursday, October 21, 2021

Oh boy, Lawn Fawn really has some cute autumn stamps and dies this year.  I couldn't wait to get stamping, coloring and die cutting these adorable mice and die cutting the intricate leaf frame.  It took me three tries to get the color of the watercolor paper just right before I die cut the frame of leaves.  I started with four autumnal Ranger reactive inks, then tried four colors of Hero Arts reactive inks before I applied Gensai watercolors and flicked on Liquitex gold ink.
The LF mice set comes with leaves that pair well with the mice so I stamped and heat embossed them with copper (Hero Arts) embossing powder.  After coloring the mice with Copic pens and adding Fun Flock ( remember that oldie?)  to their tummies every thing was glued or adhered with foam dots.
Oh yeah, the word were stamped first and then heat embossed before adding everything else. I used a Misti tool to align the words (a freebie from Whimsy) to make sure everything would fit and I could re-stamp if needed.  The mice on this card make me smile and I am happy that the leaves are very pretty just like the ones I've seen in the fall on the east coast . Oh, Autumn is my favorite season of the year!

 

2 comments:

Annette Allen said...

oh wow this is adorable.. love the shine too. great job

eunice said...

You did a fab job of creating the perfect water colored paper for the intricate leaf frame. And the copper embossing powder just pulls all the colors together and looks so good! Fuzzy mice are so adorable too... agreed that fall colors are the most beautiful!