Thursday, June 30, 2022

Bee-Hapee Gift Bag

I love honey and have a high regard for industrious bees so I collect lots of bee papers, dies, stamps, and embellishments.  I have a friend who has 'Queen Bee' in her email address so I love giving her bee related craft items packaged in decorated bee bags. Here is the latest bag I decorated for her using a L'Occitane bag because of it's great golden yellow color.  I tried to just cover up the words on the bag but I got a little carried away and ended up covering almost all of the exterior of the bag.  Hahaha!  I started with a sheet of Disney Winnie-the-Pooh paper because of the honey comb design.  In my stash I found a cute bee ribbon (purchased at HM BFC) which I used to embellish the rim of the bag and made a bee bow with a Darice felt bee.
This close up shows the texture I added by impressing a hexagon in a texture plate. By cutting off the shank of the Darice bee buttons I was able to add more cuteness.
On the back of the honeycomb bag, I added a Whimsy stamped bear and bee hive.  They were stamped, colored with Copic pens, and fussy cut before adhering with foam adhesives.  The labels on the front and back of the bag were made from stamped words that were in the Whimsy set.
I loved the other bear image in the stamp set so I HAD to use it on at least one crafted item for my Queen Bee friend.  I chose to decorate a Sierra Pacific note pad with a magnetic closure.  
It was easy to cover the notepad with printed card stock (Doodlebug) and add the colored bear image plus the stamped words.  
I've found many 'bee items' to fill the gift bag for my sweet friend. I hope she'll appreciate the effort that went into its creation bee-cuzzzz she is truly the Queen Bee!

 

2 comments:

eunice said...

Awww! What an adorable themed birthday gift. I love how you decorated the covered notepad... so cute...first time for me seeing that style with the magnetic closure. You are such a pro at repurposing boxes and giftbags! As always, you did an amazing job with this one! Those neat shopping bags are getting hard to come by, so very much appreciated by all, especially when decorated so prettily!

Annette Allen said...

oh my word this is adorable.. very creative