Monday, July 4, 2022

Cat Birthday Cake Card

I made this simple card with the idea that it would be for a male....so no frills or fancy pop-ups. Really, even my sons don't cherish my handmade cards. I doubt they've kept any of them.  Harrumph! Anyway, both my boys have two cats in their households. One cat in each pair believes she is human and entitled to all the goodies and comforts that we enjoy. Of course once I saw the clear stamps in the Ai set, I couldn't resist making birthday cards from the hilarious images and words.
I started by stamping with permanent black ink onto a white card blank that I made from watercolor paper.  Using my smaller stenciling brushes, I scrubbed on some Distress Oxide inks onto the background and then sprinkled it with water before blotting to create a splotchy look.  Next, I used Derwent watercolor pencils to color in the image before 'painting' with water.  I was so tempted to add sprinkles and glitter, but I refrained myself.  I hope the humor rather than the beauty of this card will add pleasure to my sons' birthdays. Here's to many, many more birthdays (and cards) for my wonderful sweet boys! (They are actually my young men...LOL!)

 

2 comments:

eunice said...

I always enjoy seeing the fun cards you come up with for your sons. I like that you used your watercolor pencils to color your kitty and birthday cake. I like the soft blended colors you get by brushing with just a drop of water. (And I'll bet you don't know it but your sons are really saving every card you make for them!)

Annette Allen said...

what a cute birthday card.. sweet image.