Wednesday, February 1, 2023

Silly Puns and Conversation Hearts Valentine Cards

When I was a child, Valentine's Day was an exciting event. I was especially fond of conversation heart candy, silly sentiments, and of course the ever mysterious classroom Valentine mailbox.  I'm not sure if the public education system allows teachers to have a mailbox in their classrooms anymore due to the fact there were always some children who didn't receive any cards.  These cards are my attempt to capture some of the sweetness of my childhood memories during Valentine's Day.  I started by foiling some tiny hearts using my Spellbinders foiling machine and the Spellbinders foiling plate shown below.  The printed card stock that I chose was rather plain so the foil hearts really added some bling. I used the largest Whimsy slimline die to cut the background paper before adding the foam conversation heart stickers and gluing down the pizza and strawberries die cuts.  I found these decorations in my Valentine stash box and I don't remember which company made them.  I do remember buying them from HM Ben Franklin Crafts where they should currently have some items suitable for adding onto cards.  The card base was made from plain white card stock folded with the corners clipped using a corner rounding punch. These cards were super easy to complete and are destined for my two pint-sized sweethearts. I'm hoping their childhood Valentine's Days are filled with anticipation and joy like mine were.

                                           

 

No comments: