Saturday, January 28, 2023

Foiled Rose Valentine Card


Recently, I've been playing with my Spellbinder foiling machine again in the hopes of creating some Valentine cards.  I was still having a hard time getting clear images from some of the metal foiling design plates.  The thin edged designs transferred well but the bigger solid areas had some freckled missing foil spots.  I solved the problem by adding a cardboard shim before rolling the platform with metal plate into my Big Shot.  This gave more pressure onto the design, eliminating the spotting on the resulting image. I absolutely love the rose hot foiling plate and die set and I can see many uses for it.  The large-letter LOVE foil plate seemed like it would make a bold background for a variety of cards.  However, after foiling many times on a variety of printed and solid card stocks, the result was always a very faint design.  I was about to throw out the seemingly useless papers with barely visible designs, when I was struck with an idea....why not use the throw-aways for backgrounds?  This card was the result of a less-than-perfect foiled card stock. Hopefully, I will post other foiled cards in the coming weeks before Valentine's Day.  Oh yes, the gold foil words on the card were made with a sticker (from my old stash).  If my high school French memory is still clear, 'je t'aime' means 'I love you' so this foiled phrase adds a bit of elegance to my simple Valentine card.  Je t'aime for visiting my blog site!



 

2 comments:

yyam said...

Looks very elegant. :)

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh, so beautiful. Love the layout.

Karen