Wednesday, February 14, 2024

Last-Minute Last Valentine Card

I prepare my blog posts about a month in advance, so by the time you read this post I will have returned from my trip to the Tucson Rock and Gen Show (more about that in later posts).  While tidying up my crafting space before the trip, I came across some bits and pieces of Valentine items that were just too good to throw away. One pretty piece was the foiled word heart (made with Trinity Stamps foil plate) that I miscut with the heart die (that comes with the foil plate) so it was off-centered. By trimming it by hand it looked useable so I glued some scalloped red velvet ribbon around the heart.   
I often place extra die cut pieces in the die package and so I was pleased to find a light lavender Lawn Fawn Quilted Heart Background die cut piece that I made awhile ago and stored in the package. This die cut piece was just a bit too big to fit on the Paper Accents red glitter card stock so I trimmed the lavender die cut rectangle along the edges.  Everything was glued down with Beacon 3 in 1 Fabri-Tac glue including the artificial flowers that were 'discovered' in my bin of odds n' ends floral stuff. (HM Ben Franklin Crafts has a large selection of artificial flowers that would be very pretty on your paper crafts.) For a last-minute Valentine card made with leftovers, I think this card is rather attractive.  I would never have chosen a lavender and red color combination or used red velvet ribbon with glitter card stock but I think it works. Sometimes crafting on the fly can result in special creations. My only concern is that the flowers might make the card too thick to go through the mail on regular postage.  (The U.S. Postal Service charges extra for thick envelopes.)  Not to worry, you can always hand deliver your card...so romantic!  Here's hoping that your Valentine's Day is all you hoped or planned it to be!  Never give up on the power of LOVE!

 

No comments: