Thursday, February 22, 2024

Panda Bears' Birthday Card with Rub-On Gold Details



I was intrigued by the new product being sold at HM Ben Franklin Crafts, Lucky Money Envelope. If you follow my blog, you know that I am a big fan of adding foiled accents to my papercrafts, so when I spied the Lucky Money Envelopes at HM BFC, I knew I had to give it a try.  While I am not likely to pass out red lucky money envelopes, I did like the gold images and words of the birthday and wedding sets so I decided to try them out on some greeting cards.  This card began with a regular sheet of printed card stock sized to fit a blank card.  Following the directions on the package I cut out the designs I wanted and removed the backing from the piece I was planning to apply.  It was a bit tricky to separate the see through film but once I did, I placed it where I wanted it and started to rub with the enclosed wooden stick.  As I was rubbing, the black print started to come off but don't worry this is supposed to happen.  Once almost all of the black ink is gone, the acetate can be lifted and the gold film can be applied and rubbed down. That is all there was to achieve a pretty gold accents to my card.
The Art Impressions pandas were stamped on white card stock and colored in with Copic pens. (I love pandas because they require very little coloring!)  I fussy cut the pandas out and adhered them to the card with adhesive foam dots.  As you can see, the gold foiling really shines and adds to the excitement of the birthday card.  The foiling done with a hot foil machine (Spellbinders) or foil transfers in the MInc machine are easier and faster but this new product from HM BFC is simple and so much cheaper (no machine purchase involved).  I recommend that you try this new product to see if you like adding foil accents to your papercrafts. Be Shiny in 2024! 

 

No comments: