Thursday, April 4, 2024

Floral Pocket Pal Shaker Cards


These two cards were inspired by three products that I couldn't resist while shopping at HM Ben Franklin Crafts.  The first item which landed into my shopping basket was the Sizzix Pocket Pal die set...must be the cute animals just jumped in!  
The next item(s) to catch my eye were packets of colorful confetti for making shaker card elements.  For these cards I chose Easter egg and flower confetti but I did purchase many others for future projects (wink*wink*).  
To make the shaker pocket, I cut two pockets and used a heart die to cut a window.  I attached a clear piece of acetate to the back of the heart window and lined the window heart with double stick adhesive foam tape (cut into thin strips). Next the confetti was added and the back of the pocket adhered.  The pocket pal animals were constructed  and joined to the confetti pockets.  Since I didn't want to fiddle with the tiny pieces for the eyes, I just drew them in with a black marker.  

The third fantastic craft item I discovered in HM Ben Franklin Crafts was a 12x12 Crafter's Companion card making pad.  This is a beautiful assortment of gorgeous floral prints with cutting and folding marks to turn the pages into cards, envelopes, die cut sayings, and even pages for the interior of the cards.
I love how the envelopes are decorated on the outside AND the inside.  There are endless color combinations and designs you can use to make cards for graduations, birthdays, and other special occasions.
I love the lavender pages but all the pastel colors in the pad have floral prints and combine well with each other.
The sentiments on the die cut sayings page are very inspirational and usable.  I will definitely be returning back to this  paper pad to make future projects.
I am so happy that I went shopping at HM Ben Franklin Crafts because not only did I pick up these three fantastic products, I acquired ideas for many future projects.  Oh yes, I did buy many, many more craft items which I will showcase in future blog posts. Everything was irresistible...LOL!!!!



 





No comments: