Saturday, August 22, 2026

Five Baroque Pearl Necklaces



After making the baroque pearl bracelets featured in a previous post, I decided to make some necklaces using single pearls. It seems like lately jewelry is becoing very simple and elegant in design.  With this in mind, I created these super easy pearl necklaces.


 To make one, I started with a single gorgeous baroque pearl that had a drilled hole. Some pearls have top holes and others have holes that pass from side to side.  I started by stringing a piece of 22 gauge sterling silver round wire through the pearl and using pliers to shape a small hanging hole on each side of the pearl.  Next I used a wire snipper to cut through the chain (with clasp) midway in the necklace. The chain needs to have links able to accomodate the 22 gauge wire.

The ends of the wire passing through the pearl and with the formed hanging loops were then attached to the chain ends and wire wrapped.  Ta da!....all done! Wasn't that easy?


It was so easy to make one baroque pearl necklace, that I made four more.  Like your own children, I like them all.  I can't pick a favorite.


Maybe this one is my favorite......



Or this one?   Eventually, I'll choose one for myself and put the others in my HM Ben Franklin Crafts locker box.  Maybe you'll buy one or with minimal effort and supplies you can make one for yourself!


No comments: