I love inventing new cookies for holiday gift giving but usually I start my test batches too late in the year and thus I reluctantly bake the same (but delicious) cookies year after year. This year by starting my 'cookie experiments' in the summer, I should be able to create a few new cookie taste delights. The batch of cookies shown in the photo was the product of my love for the Trader Joe's Mochi Crunch Rice Nuggets. Before finishing off my last bag of the tasty treats, I decided to add a cup of the crushed nuggets to a basic butter cookie recipe. The original recipe said that the batch would result in 4 dozen cookies but I only formed 2-1/2 dozens. My idea of cookie size must be a bit bigger than other bakers (hahaha!). The cookies were super delicious but not very festive looking. I think for the holidays I will try to add something colorful like sprinkles or mini M&M candies. For a more Hawaiian taste to send to mainland cookie lovers, I will add chopped macadamia nuts to a future batch. As it gets closer to Christmas and I tweek this recipe into perfection, I will keep you updated. Yummy taste tests ahead....YAY!
Welcome To Fourth Grade
-
It's August, and though it still feels like summer to me, a great majority
of children including our granddaughter are already back in school. I made
th...
16 hours ago

1 comment:
Mochi crunch cookies? Looks yummy!
Post a Comment