Monday, January 21, 2008

Color Me Brown for Valentine's Day?

When I first saw the brown scrapbook paper on the shelves of Valentine 12 x 12 scrapbook paper, I was doubtful many crafters would abandon the traditional pink, red, and white colors. However, the more I thought about it; the printed and glittered brown paper started to appeal to me. Maybe because one of the current fashion trends is the combination of pink and chocolate brown, my eye has begun to accept the two colors together. Perhaps my mind sees a rich brown and thinks chocolate cake… add sweet pink and you have chocolate cake with fluffy pink frosting. In any case, I’m looking forward to playing with the K and Co. Valentine assortment. (This company also has a wedding line in blue, which I feel could also be adapted for your Valentine projects.)
While looking for the new Martha Stewart items (when are they coming?), I found cute Valentine stuff from Wilton (cake pans, cupcake liners, sprinkles, etc.), Sanrio (stickers, containers, and more) and novelty items like Chinese take-out boxes decorated with candy hearts. Also at the Hilo Ben Franklin Crafts, I was thrilled to discover a 50% off sale on certain gemstone strands. From the table piled high with beads, I purchased some luscious bargains including some faceted green amethyst, blue opal, garnets, citrines, moonstones, etc. Check out the sale if you’re in the area and remember that Craft Club Members get an additional 10% off. Please also take a look at this month’s project, the
Glass Heart Pendant. Give it a try. It’s easy and sure to please your Valentine sweetheart!

Lynn

No comments: