Saturday, January 26, 2008

Crazy For Rubber Stamps


Rubber stamp you’re the one,
You make my free time lots of fun.
Rubber stamp, la de da doo,
I’m awfully fond of you!

Yes, rubber stamps are better than rubber duckies because you can print with them and get the same images over and over again. Not being a graphic artist (I like 3-D), I get enormous pleasure from ink stamping. Today, there are so many good designs and companies producing rubber stamps that you can find almost any design (or you can carve one yourself). Every time a new shipment of rubber stamps arrives at Ben Franklin Crafts, I go crazy. This week I gleefully discovered new Hero Arts clear stamp sets. There were great new designs themed for birthdays, thank you, travel, animals, journals, etc. Most sets were combinations of pictures and words. My favorite one was of cupcakes with cute phrases and tiny designs to put on the cupcakes. I used a cupcake design and words from this set to make the card in the photo. (Click on photo to enlarge.) The monkey stamp is from Hero Arts too. By adding glitter to the frosting, brown Fun Flock to the monkey, and Martha Stewart vellum heart confetti, the card becomes more eye-catching. (The Martha Stewart glue pen is perfect for tiny spaces.)
Besides the heart confetti, the Martha Stewart line has a delightful scallop heart punch, heart shaped box kits, and a Valentine ribbon set. These should pair up well with the Stampendous rubber stamps I bought (Bee Buddies, Heart Languages, and Music of Love). I’ll show you what evolves from these sweetheart supplies.

Lynn

No comments: