Thursday, January 31, 2008

The Evolution of a Valentine Card


Today I saw some very simple cards, which were simply elegant in design. The languages of love stickers and rubber stamp by Stampendous seemed well suited for this type of card. (See the photo. Click to enlarge.) The first card has a heart brad attached to a cut out of the stamped design. The heart is attached with ¼” foam dots. The dots were too thick so in the next card I used 1/8”foam dots. Although the brad was okay, I thought that a rhinestone heart might be more eye-catching. On the second card I also applied a foil sticker (use the Xyron sticker maker) made from wrapping paper punched with the Martha Stewart scallop heart punch. For the third card I decided that a darker card blank would be better. I like the way the foil word sticker looks on the red. (A tweezers can help with application of the sticker.) The final card (my favorite) seems to have the best proportion. As you can tell, sometimes the simple cards are not necessarily the easiest to make because the placement of so few elements becomes critical to the overall design.

Lynn

No comments: