Thursday, October 1, 2009

A Simple Sympathy Card

I'm never quite sure whether it is appropriate to make a sympathy card. Although it may show heartfelt feelings, I worry that it may look too homemade and possibly tacky. The recent death of a dear aunty (who was a relative in my heart but not by blood), prompted me to design a quiet, elegant sympathy card which would match her spirit. I tried many Asian papers and blank cards together and finally settled on a Hero Arts crepe blank card and Kodomo leaf print vellum paper. By simply embossing the 'sympathy' symbol (Dreamweaver brass stencil) on the lower right side of the card and taping (use vellum tape) a punched out square of leaf print vellum, the card was made in 10 minutes! Finding the right elements for the card took the most time, but I think I achieved the look I was after. I made two extra cards since I had my supplies out. Click on the photo to enlarge it and see the embossed symbol. Thank you for reading my blog and I hope you gained something from it.

No comments: