Friday, October 9, 2009

Happy Birthday Traci!

I know the birthday gifts we mailed (today) to the sweet Ms. Traci won't get there on time for her special day, so I thought I'd show one of them to her on this blog. She is a Hello Kitty fan, too so I made her this local looking card (she is temporarily transplanted in Calif.) to match the photo of her eating shave ice. Actually seeing the cute photo of her on our computer screen (we have one of those screens with random pictures generated from our photo files) inspired my creation of the photo frame. The photo is not really blurry but I put a piece of frosted vellum over it just in case Traci would rather not be on my blog in her swim suit. The frame (the only part of the gift that I made besides the card) started with a basic acrylic stand up frame. I glued on a 'SWEET' DCWV chipboard which I decorated with shave ice cones (actually ice cream cones with Mizuhiki cords for straws) from Jesse James Beads. The ribbon around the frame is from Martha Stewart and the flowers are from Prima. The shave ice cone on the card was made from a Rubber Stamp Plantation design that was colored and embellished with Christmas snow (iridescent pieces of cellophane). I used a Sizzix die for Hello Kitty and Allure vellum paper for the background of the card. Traci, I hope you like your gifts and that you have a great birthday tomorrow!

1 comment:

kris said...

Cute card! love the fun colors! the HK die is one of my favs! TFS! hugs, Kris