Thursday, October 29, 2009

Last Day to Enter and WIN a BFC Gift Card




At midnight Oct. 29, 2009 the contest to win a $25 gift card (from Ben Franklin Crafts) and some blog candy, will end. Look at my Oct. 23rd post (scroll down) to find out how to enter the lucky drawing. The photo shows a gratitude journal I made for this season of thanks. I've seen so many cute Hello Kitty notebooks on other blog sites and I thought I should give it a try. However, I was reorganizing my paper trays and was drawn to a 12x12 Brenda Walton (K and Co.) purchased years ago that just begged to be used for a journal cover. I guess the color, aged look and New England Pilgrim feel of the design made the paper a good choice for an autumn project. Anyway, the thing I learned from this project was that Fabri-Tac glue is the perfect adhesive for gluing down the paper. I guess the quick drying property of the glue keeps it from wetting the paper and causing puckering. Initially, I was just going to use the glue for attaching the ribbon to the tablet spine. Isn't the ribbon a perfect match for the paper? It wasn't planned; I bought the ribbon for another project. I was very pleased with the end product of this serendipitous project. Happy Autumn Crafting!



No comments: