Saturday, May 28, 2011

Quilled Cherry Blossom Card

I'm still trying out quilling techniques and projects learned from various kits and books. I used origami paper to cover the front of the cherry blossom card and line the envelope. Although the quilled components of the card took a bit of time, it was what I call 'TV crafting' (repetitive and easily done while watch TV). Please note: If you want your card to look impressive, a lined envelope usually does the trick and it takes only a minute to make one. Even though you might be older than dirt (like me), you are never too old to try something new like quilling....you could discover a new hobby or add to your general crafting skills. Oh, in case you didn't understand my previous post, the quilling supplies are being sold ONLY at the HILO Ben Franklin Crafts store. Hopefully, this product test will conclude that we should sell these quilling items in our other BFC stores, too. We'd love to know whether you have an interest in quilling. Thanks for visiting this blog. I hope you'll leave a comment. I love hearing from you. Hopefully, you are not having trouble leaving comments like I am. When is Blogger going to correct the situation.....so frustrating.

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Hi Lynn, I'm also having problems with blogger. Your cherry blossom quilled card turned out really pretty! I tried to do crafting while watching tv at night but I have a hard time seeing what I'm doing. Lol! Have a great weekend!

Shirley N said...

Your envelope gives your card that extra special touch, your paper is so pretty. I'm amazed you can quill while watching tv, great quilling!

Anonymous said...

Just picked up a kit. Had a piece when I was a kid that I thought was amazing. Never thought it would be so simple. I love it! Hope they continue to carry the supplies!