Monday, March 12, 2012

Presto Change-O!

I was asked to convert a peridot/apatite bracelet into earrings because the owner rarely wears bracelets. It was a fairly easy conversion requiring only a few extra supplies. First I found two closed sterling silver rings and pounded them on a jewelry anvil with the ball end of a jewelry hammer to give the rings more interest and shine. Next I strung each pearl (I'm not sure what kind of pearls they are but I call them granola.) on a ball end S.S.head pin. I cut the pins to varying lengths and looped them onto the rings. Then using 30 gauge SS wire I wrapped the briolettes (faceted tear drop gemstones) onto either side of the pearl wires. Finally, earwires were added and voila! The earrings were done. I hope this post inspires you to discover how easy it is to change jewelry you already have (or find at a vintage store) into a more wearable, stylish, handmade creation. Have a creative week!

7 comments:

Annette Allen said...

wow these are just so beautiful...love that turquoise color...so pretty...

Creations by Shirl said...

Lynn - love your bead crafting...
great turquoise color and I'm sure the recipient is going to love you for these craftsmanship..Awesome...

Cheryl said...

Very pretty Lynn! Love the colors! You make such wonderful pieces.

Expressions & Inspirations said...

Your jewelry are so pretty! I absolutely love the color combo. TFS. :)

Tammi said...

Your jewelry is gorgeous!! Pretty colors and I like how you added tulips to your picture, wonderful touch!

mary ann said...

OMG! you are a genius! the earrings are just gorgeous! the dangles you added, pushed them over the top!

antique jewelry said...

Wow, you have very creative mind and you are a good craft person as well.The idea is just wonderful and useful too.