Sunday, March 18, 2012

Shopping Celebrations!

Last week we were in Honolulu again and so I couldn't resist a short stop at the new Celebrations store near the Mapunapuna Ben Franklin Crafts. Some of the displays were not up the last time I visited. I purchased more of the neat print design plastic boxes which come flattened. They were on sale and I always seem to need quick gift wrapping. I like that the boxes are so sturdy and I'm sure that the recipients of my gifts will recycle the boxes. I chose a cylindrical box which had a polka dot design and a flower petal top. This box came with the orange ribbon.....a bonus! I found that the box nicely accommodated a dispenser bottle of hand washing soap from Bath and Body Works. The space on the side of the bottle could have been filled in with tissue, but I chose to include some small individually wrapped shortbread cookie squares. For the thank you label I used a Hero Arts stamp (from a set) and decorated the label with polka dot washi tape which matched the box and came from the Celebrations store too. The printed washi tape sold out at the Grand Opening but they will get more in very soon. In the lower photo are some of the goodies I bought at Celebrations......animal paper clips (bunny ones for Easter), dessert design Post It-type pads, and brush tipped markers that work like sumi ink brushes. I hope that you will check out the Celebrations store if you can. I'm sure that you will find something that will make your day a smiley one!

4 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Very pretty Lynn!
No way now they make paper clips out of different shapes?
How cute....

Annette Allen said...

aww these are just too fun...I love those fun paper clips...so fun...

Lynn thank you so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog the other day...It totally put a smile on my face...

Cheryl said...

Oohhh... I love your packaging!!! I went there with my daughter 2 weeks ago and we found some great stuff.
I better go back and check out the clear box you used for the B & B hand soap.

Tammi said...

I wish I could say I was in Honolulu, yesterday we got snow, lol. Wonderful gift, great wrapping and tag! ~hugs