Sunday, January 19, 2014

How Old Are You Now? Lucky Winner!

January 16th was my husband's birthday, but because we had just returned from the Craft and Hobby show in LA, I really only had time to make a quickie card.  Luckily for me, I was able to purchase this Art Impressions stamp at the end of the show.  I simply colored the image with Copic pens and added the words onto the apron.  The card is very fitting for my husband because we are only a month apart in age, and yet I delight rubbing in the fact that he IS older than me.  I think the expression on the old lady's face says it all. Inside the card I  put speech bubbles that said, "Make a wish!" and " Too bad, I'm still here!" LOL!

Oh yes, at the CHA show I was given an Art Impression's button to wear.  On the button was a number. The trick was to find your matching number partner before the end of the show.  At the very end of the show I found my partner (at the AI booth of course)! We both won bags of stamps...woot! woot!  Since I won big, I thought it was time to pick a winner from the sweet comments in the month of December.  Announcing the December winner of a $25 Ben Franklin Crafts gift card..........KAREN INOUYE, the clever and talented blogger of Have a Scrap Happy Day! Congrats Karen, I'll be contacting you soon.

 If you would like to win in the future, just leave a comment to any of my posts and you will be entered.  I pick a name whenever the mood strikes me and your name will be entered as many times as you leave a comment for that month.  I'll be back to post some pics I took at the CHA show.  Time to unpack and do some laundry.

7 comments:

Unknown said...

LOL, that card cracks me up! How cool to have won at CHA...sounds like a fun way to do a giveaway for such a large convention. Have a great weekend!

Tammi said...

What a FUN image, lol, love it! Woohoo on winning some stamps too!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

Hee-hee, just saw your fun and humorous birthday card for your "older" hubby. Your quote made me laugh. Woo-hoo, also saw my name as the super lucky winner. WOWIE, THANKS LYNN!!! Made my day.
:-) :-) :-)

Leanne said...

That is sooo cute Lynn!! Bummer, I wish I had known you were at CHA, I would have loved to have met you. Maybe next time.
What a wonderful time you must have had at CHA especially on the last day.
Congrats Karen!! She is all you said and more. Woot!
Enjoy the rest of your weekend!
^.^

Annette Allen said...

well Happy Birthday to your husband..I wish I had been at CHA to see you again.. I know you had a great time.. LOVE this card..

Anonymous said...

Hilarious card! Happy B'day to your husband and a "woot!" for you on your CHA win:) Hooray for Karen!

Cheryl said...

Haha! You are too funny! Love what you put inside the card. Hope he had a good laugh.