Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Valentine Chocolate Bar Thank You Card

I wanted to add something handcrafted to the bag of goodies I was giving to my neighbor who took care of our house while we were traveling.  Rather than making just an ordinary thank you card, I decided to make a candy bar thank you.  Because I bought the cute Art Impressions stamp at the CHA show, I was eager to ink it up for Valentine's Day.  I simply made a 'wrapper' from some 12x12 DP I purchased at Ben Franklin Crafts and added the Copic colored image.  The words stamped on the Paper Smooches die cut and the Doodlebug Mini Love Notes added just the right cuteness.  The 'thank you' part of the chocolate bar thank you card can be added to the back or slipped under the wrapper. Decorated candy bars like this would make desirable Valentine's Day 'cards' for special girlfriends.  You have about about a month to get a bunch done before the 14th.  You can do it!

6 comments:

Creations by Shirl said...

Fun image and cute candy wrap holder... LOL!

Anonymous said...

Amazing what you do with paper! If I could only think and craft like you, gift giving would be so much easier!

Tammi said...

A wonderful gift for her...love the envelope note! ~hugs

Unknown said...

I just picked up those Doodlebug mini notes and envelopes today. I couldn't resist their cuteness! Love how you turned it into a chocolate wrapper...soo fun!

Emily Leiphart said...

This is hilarious and so cute, Lynn! That's what I do all the time, lie on the floor and eat chocolate. LOL! I need to get those mini love notes!!

Leanne said...

hehehe, those AI stamps are so fun and definitely make you LOL. This is a great idea and I'm sure your neighbor loved it. Another project to add to the must try list.
TFS!
^.^