Saturday, January 25, 2014

Valentine Gift Card Holder

I set up a challenge for myself:  Make a gift card holder that is unique and uses the new Sizzix die set (the thin set that works so well with the magnetic platform), which I purchased from Ben Franklin Crafts.  I tried several ways to fit the BFC gift card onto the die cut card but the best way seemed to be horizontally on the moving square part.  Since I had all my Valentine stuff out, I decided to go with the heart theme even though this was not a Valentine gift.  First, I used the dies to cut some Doodlebug paper to decorate the card base.
Next I used the Doodlebug washi tape to adhere the BFC gift card to the card base.  I used washi tape to cover the front of the gift card too because the colors didn't match the Valentine theme.  A Doodlebug sticker tag was attached to a scrap piece of printed kraft paper and trimmed.  Then a hole was punched in it so it could be attached with twine.
One of my favorite Valentine stamps is this Magnolia one.  The image seemed just right for this gift card holder since it is 'happy mail'.  After coloring her with Copic pens, I attached some Doodlebug embellishments and added some Stickles for more bling.

For a card that started with just a challenge to myself, I think this gift card holder fulfilled the requirements.  I am pleased to mail out this different card holder and hope that the recipient will get a 'happy mail' smile when she sees it.  Thanks for visiting this blog site. Please stop by whenever you can and leave a comment if you have some time.  I love hearing from you!

4 comments:

Annette Allen said...

how totally cute.. and i love how you gave her heart lips.. so totally adorable..

eva said...

what a great idea with the gift card! love how it turns to reveal itself and that you made it color coordinated with washi tape! too cute!

Creations by Shirl said...

Aw love that maggie stamp, great coloring and love her heart lip as well. Lucky recipient to receive this awesome card... Love the washi tape usage and that card die looks like lots of possibilities with designing it.

yyam said...

So sweet and pretty! I LOVE that you really use your supplies...and so well too. Love the added lips on the image...I never bought Magnolia stamps because of that...lol