After seeing the beautiful Dandelion Designs sample (instructions come with the stamp set) in Hilo BFC, I started thinking about stamping directly on acetate with a permanent craft ink (Versa Craft). I was able to get a sharp image on the first try but it stayed wet for a long time so I sped up the process with a heat gun (slowly and gently to prevent warping the acetate). Once the ink was dry, I painted the back of the images with acrylic paints (Americana folk art). This reminded me of the Disneyland cartoon cell art that I once saw for sale.
I am not a clever paper engineer, so I kept the card basics simple, adding only 1/4" borders. I cut with a trimmer and craft knife making tabs to cover the 6mm thick pink foam edges. I decided to use a foam sheet instead of the usual carpet tape to make the inner window between the acetate and origami paper background. This allowed more room for confetti and the pink foam is less visible than the white foam tape most crafters use.
I taped and glued all the edges together with double stick tape (Merikan) and 3 in 1 Beacon Glue. I originally planned to just put punched out sakura blossoms in the shaker card, but added little Martha Stewart beads to add some noise and help the flowers slide around more.
You maybe wondering why I have the Fiskars paper trimmer in the photo...well, I've been meaning to show it for a while because I've been so pleased with the way it functions. I can't believe I struggled with my old 20years+ trimmer for so long (five years of working with a non-straight straightedge). This new one cuts paper like butter and has lots of features to keep my papers squared off. Anyway, besides the DD stamp set I used a Funny Bones script saying that I know will be useful for many other projects. That's it for now.....got a lot of ideas floating around in my head...better make some of them before I forget them....hahaha!