Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Teacup Luggage Tag Card

I travel a lot so I love luggage tags.  It seemed only natural to turn my mini cards into vinyl covered luggage tags (Paper Accents).  I started by making a small card from card stock printed with pastries (DCWV) on one side.  Next, I stamped the teacups on marker paper and masked out the saucer with washi tape before stamping the girl image (Neat and Tangled,....sorry no photo of item,....see previous post).  After coloring the girl with teacups on her head, I cut her out.  Using white ink I stamped the sayings (Avery Elle) onto the blackboard stickers (Sierra Pacific and AC Remarks....purchased from HM Ben Franklin Crafts) and heat embossed them after sprinkling on white embossing powder. To complete the chalkboard look I used a Bistro chalk marker (Marvy, sold at BFC)  along the edges of the sticker labels.
Out of the luggage vinyl tags, the mini cards can be used like a regular greeting card and a tea bag can be inserted in as an extra gift besides the tag itself.  It is a tight fit but there is an inner flap in the tag that the card is supposed to fit under but I didn't use it so that the tea bag and card can be removed easily by the recipient. She can tuck it in nicely after she writes her home address inside the card (just in case her luggage gets lost).
I posted this close up so you could see the detail of the Crystal Accent covered teacups, paper doily (for texture), Stickle decorated heart and mini flower accent.
Although it was a challenge to squeeze all the elements into the luggage tag format; it was a fun project.  I am pleased that the recipients of these tag cards will get the enjoyment of receiving a greeting with a tea bag and even better she may think of me when she goes on a trip!  Bon Voyage to bloggers in craftland!

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

aww how totally sweet.. love those luggage tags.