Sunday, February 14, 2016

Cat with Heart Balloons Valentine Shaker Card

Happy Valentine's Day!  As was the case with most of my Valentine projects this year, this card was inspired by the printed card stock I purchased from HM Ben Franklin.  The heart balloons on the card stock reminded me of the Penny Black stamp image of a cat holding balloons.
Since I love shaker cards, I decided to cut a heart-shaped window and back it with clear acetate.  I used double stick foam tape (sold in a roll at BFC) behind the edges of the balloon heart card stock to form a pocket for the confetti. Once the shaker part was done, it was simple work to add the cut out colored Penny Black cat image.
Because I couldn't find just the right glitter paper for the balloons, I decided to die cut Paper Smooches heart balloons from red paper and then perch them on thick double stick foam pieces before applying Scribbles glitter glue.  (The mounted paper hearts are easier to spread with the Scribbles because they don't slide around or stick to the table).
I used dies to cut the words for the cards from foil paper (DCWV) purchased at BFC. These are more reliable than stamping and heat embossing.  Some of the confetti I used was from a Martha Stewart set of stars and hearts.  I love this set because of the pretty colors and shapes plus the vials hold a seemingly never-ending supply.  Well, this is the end of my Valentine projects for this year.  I hope that you've enjoyed seeing my work and will return again very soon. Thanks for visiting!

2 comments:

Migdalia said...

Absolutely adorable!
Happy Valentine's Day!
Have a blessed day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Annette Allen said...

how totally cute.. Hope you had a great Valentines Day.