Monday, February 29, 2016

Make It Quicker.... Use Some Stickers

This card was made for a golfer who dreams of hitting a score like 64 so I thought it would be fun to use his age to make a golfer's birthday card for him.  After returning from the CHA (Craft and Hobby Association) show, I had very little time to whip up a birthday card so I decided to cut corners and use dies and stickers.  Luckily, at the show I purchased a die for a golf bag and clubs (Lea'bilities )so it was a snap to run brown paper (for the bag) and silver luster paper (DCWV 6x6 pad)(for the clubs) through my Big Shot machine.  I used the Martha Stewart grass punch to make the ground and then finished up the card with the sticker letters and numbers. Over the years my stash of leftover letters and numbers (lots from clearance bins) has really come in handy for quickie cards.  I love that I can re-position stickers unlike stamping which leaves little room for error.
I like to dress up envelopes but the shortage of time made me look for a quick solution.  I just purchased a Little B birthday punch (from HM Ben Franklin Crafts) and thought a punched band would add a decorative touch with very little effort. This band decoration is only recommended only for hand delivered cards.  As I play with this new punch, I hope to come up with more uses for this fun tool. Oh, in the bottom photo is an 'awesome' die (Frantic Stamper Inc.) which I used inside the card (not shown). It is my hope that this post has shown you how easy it is to make a handmade card and not make it so fussy that the recipient feels obliged to keep it for decades....do men ever save cards?

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Such a fun card! I think the best designs come out of quick and easy ideas. Love that birthday punch too!

Annette Allen said...

fun birthday cards.. that golf one is perfect for the golfer.. :)

eva said...

wow, they make dies for everything these days! great card and sentiment. i don't know if men save cards. i don't think i give cards to any guys except my kids and they save everything i make.