Thursday, March 3, 2016

Happy Girl's Day treat holder


 This project was inspired by a cute stamp I purchased from Taj clubhouse at Ward Warehouse.  (The word stamp was from there, too.)  I decided to practice my masking and watercolored background techniques. After stamping in black, I colored the image in before masking it with liquid mask.  Once the mask was dry, I had fun spraying the watercolor paper circle with water and dabbing on some green watercolor paint.  Before it all dried I stamped the Sister Stamps cherry blossoms with pink Distress ink.
I think this Girl's Day treat holder would be a fun thing to leave on a co-worker's desk.  Three Big Island Candies shortbread cookies fit nicely in the hidden space.  I think a small candy bar is another option.
 Once your gift treats are eaten, the holder is a nice place to hide additional goodies for that late afternoon energy boost.
I didn't have the right printed card stock so I used Elmer's Spray Adhesive (from Ben Franklin Crafts) on some Japanese paper (lots to choose from at BFC) and adhered it to green card stock before using the Sizzix die to cut out the stand up card (now treat holder).
 As usual I had some extra practice pieces leftover which I couldn't waste so I turned them into a tag.  I used the Little B tag die from the set to cut the large tag.  I think I like the watercolored background on this tag better than the one on the treat holder.  For this tag I used a Petaloo flower but the treat holder is decorated with cherry blossoms purchased in Japan.....BFC does have some in the floral department.  The Wilton leaves were purchased in the cake decorating section of HM Ben Franklin Crafts. The yellow ombre Heiko ribbon is from Celebrations where they have lots of pretty colors of soft ombre ribbons.
I hope your Girl's Day is sweet and pretty!  Enjoy the start of spring!  Easter crafting begins!

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

very creative and so cute.. I love that it says girls day.. yay