Monday, January 15, 2018

Cat Calendar Valentine Cards

As usual, the new year is here and I still have lots of calendars to use in craft projects. For starters I decided to make Valentine calendars....lots of other holidays to go through in future months. LOL!
 I found this Penny Black cat image irresistible and amazingly it fit very well on the Sizzix card die cut piece made from white marker paper.
 I used Crate Paper Valentine 12x12 two sided printed card stock. I loved the simple designs which didn't overwhelm the cat image.
 Since I had an ample supply of stickers from previous Valentine's Days, I decided to generously apply them around the cat.
 I also had many rolls of American Crafts ribbons suitable for Valentine's Day, so I used them to decorate the outside of the cards.
This close up of a side view of  one card shows the simplicity of how the die cut card folds up to reveal a calendar for displaying.
 My favorite part of these cards is that the shape of the card matches the ears of the cat....how cute it that? Okay, that's it for now.... only a couple dozen calendars to use up before June....halfway in the year.....hahahaha!

1 comment:

eunice said...

Aww... these Valentine easel calendars are just too ADORABLE! How very, very cool that the Sizzix die cut fit just so perfectly with your stamped image. Surely your friends and family will be tickled to receive these calendars!