Friday, January 19, 2018

Postage Stamp Resin Purse Charm

 For their thank you notes, my daughter-in-law cleverly turned their wedding photos into US postage stamps.  I thought the stamps were so unique that I decided to fashion them into keepsakes. I found the rectangle metal frame and purse charm chain at HM Ben Franklin Crafts in the L'Bell department. It was simple to trim the stamp and resin it into the frame with a UV lamp.  I added some faux pearls and glass leaves using jewelry pin heads.
I really love the way the charm holder looks on my purse.  I hope my daughter-in law will love hers too, and the fact that it has room to attach more resin charms.

4 comments:

eunice said...

WOW, Lynn! This is a really fabulous and thoughtful keepsake gift. First, I love the idea of the personalized stamps...so beautiful! And second, I love even more your idea of creating a resin memoir of it. Ahhh.... yet another reason to start looking into resin crafting...!

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

OMG what a great idea and surely a very special gift. Totally love it!!!!! You're so clever.

scrapnhawaii said...

Gorgeous idea!! Love it and the colors you chose---my favorite colors. Your daughter-in-law is blessed to have a crafty mother-in-law like you!

Shirley N said...

Your DIL will definitely love her charm, Lynn, this was a fabulous idea and a beautiful keepsake! Congrats to the newlyweds and to you and your hubby!