Friday, May 18, 2018

Mother's Day Card with Cameo

 Although I don't have a mother or mother-in-law to send this card to, I do have a daughter-in-law who is expecting so this will be for her.  The inspiration for the card started with an embossing folder that I acquired from a magazine.  Many foreign paper crafting magazines sold at Barnes and Noble have dies, stamps and embossing folders packaged with their publications.  I think this is an excellent bargain as the magazines also show examples of what to do with the paper crafting tools.  Anyway, I started by embossing a piece of pearlized vellum paper (from HM Ben Franklin Crafts).  I layered this over some rose printed Bo Bunny card stock which was adhered to a light pink 5-1/2" square card base.  Lawn Fawn script words were stamped on a strip of paper and added to the card along with a fancy ribbon and a faux cameo. 
 This close-up shows the cameo which is actually an earring with the back broken off.  I have a collection of real cameos, but I do like to search for bits and pieces in garage sale bags or online sites. For just a few dollars, it's surprising what you can get to decorate your craft work. Now what shall I do with the other earring?....a box top decoration? resin jewelry? ...fun just to imagine!

No comments: