Saturday, May 26, 2018

Summery Ocean Themed Card

I saw this 6x6 Kaiser Craft paper pack and I thought that I really need to make some summery cards for a change.  I like that Kaiser Craft products (sold at HM Ben Franklin Crafts) coordinate together so I was easily able to combine the wood pieces with the coral stamp and lovely printed/shimmery paper.  The paper that I chose was a seaweed print that had glossy parts.  I wanted to make it like an underwater scene so I stamped the coral design in white ink in on the bottom third of the front. After sprinkling on white embossing powder, I heated it with a hot air gun.  This gave the card a nice coral like texture.  The Best Wishes tag was one of many from the paper pad so I just did a little distressing and tied it to two colors of twine. The final add-ons were stained wood pieces and teeny tiny shells.  It turned out to be a simple card which is subtle enough for a male birthday card....always good to have those in my stash.


No comments: