Monday, December 24, 2018

Multi-Colored Holly Christmas Card


I love playing with dyes on watercolor paper.  It's fun to sprinkle Color Burst powder pigments (from HM Ben Franklin Crafts) on damp paper and then spray on more water to see what amazing color blends appear.  I thought it would be fun to use my new Darice Holly die (purchased at HM Ben Franklin Crafts) to cut out some colorful holly.  Layered on some softly glittered silver paper, I think that the holly has a very festive look. (Sorry, I was not able to capture the special effect because of the camera flash on the card.)  
I used the Hero Arts die to cut the 'Christmas' out of green foil card stock (DCWV). For the inside of the card (not shown) I stamped the Lawn Fawn 'merry' in silver ink and heat embossed it with NUVO embossing powder.  This card was fairly easy to execute except for applying the sticky adhesive to the back of the holly.  I used the Xyron machine and it was a bit tricky to position the holly exactly.  Maybe next time I will use a spray adhesive. This card is for all of you in blogland.  I want all of you to know how much I appreciate your visits and comments. I wish the best to you this holiday season and hope that 'Santa' is generous to you because I know you've been 'GOOD' all year!

No comments: