Wednesday, December 12, 2018

Scented Baked Goods Tags

 Its almost time to start baking my cookies for gift giving, but first I needed to make a stash of tags so I can quickly assemble the baked goodie bags. This year I discovered a really adorable Neat and Tangled stamp set which I used on the front of the tag before daubing Ranger Distress Oxide around the words and bear image.  A little water was sprayed on before flicking (with a brush) on silver Liquitex ink.  The bear image was colored with Copic pens  This gave the look of light snow falling. Glossy Accents was added to the bowl and Bo Bunny Pearlescents white to the frosting.
 Because I always end up with a lot of extra Vippie mini calendars, I decided this year I would stick them onto everything, even tags....LOL! Recipients can always tie them to drawer knobs or hang them in the car ...much easier to find a date than searching on your phone.  I added more cute images on foam dots to the tag backs. To give the tags a sweet fragrance, I rubbed some scented Honey Almond oil (from the HM Ben Franklin Crafts soap and candle making aisle) onto the red and white twine.  After using the snowflake paper on the calendar side of some of the tags, I decided since the calendar would be used all year I should put a non-holiday card stock on the back (like the one I found in the 6x6 Kaiser Craft paper pad). Too bad you can't smell my tags but I think you'd agree that scented tags really add to the excitement of Xmas goodie bags. Hope you make some scented tags and of course bake up some yummy treats for everyone!

2 comments:

yyam said...

Ooooh cute! LOVE that you add fragrance too!

Annette Allen said...

yay for baked good tags and calendars.. you are ready for all those goodies and for the new year.. fun projects