Sunday, March 31, 2019

Asian Waterfall Thank You Tag

 I enjoyed making the waterfall ice cream tag (see previous post) so I decided to use the same Sizzix die set to make an Asian style waterfall tag. Instead of using the ice cream dies in the set, I used three stickers from my overflowing box of Japanese stickers.
I used the same Little B tag die to cut two tags, one black and one printed.  I trimmed the edges of the printed tag so that when glued together the black tag, it would make a border. Because it is white in the back, it also provides a good surface for a message.
The arigato  (thank you) and Japanese character stamps are both Mari and Me products (old wooden style).  Embroidery floss was used to make the red tassel and tag hanging loop.
 As a last embellishment, I folded two origami cranes from gold paper and glued them to the tag. I think they added a touch of gold and interest.
 Oh yes the stamped words and characters were stamped in a slow drying dark blue ink and dusted with Nuvo black sparkle heat embossing powder.  (I couldn't find my black stamp pad so I substituted since the ink wouldn't show under the powder.) Tip: Always use slow drying ink for embossing so that the powder will stick.
 I was pleased with the outcome of this tag especially since it will be good for use on a bag containing omiyage (thank you gifts brought home from a trip). If you have lots of Japanese stickers/seals and printed Japanese card stock (KaiserCraft pad is the perfect size for the dies.) you should really give this project a try.  It's so easy to craft an elegant Asian waterfall tag!

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

oh wow this is fabulous and I adore the papers you used. very pretty.