Saturday, March 23, 2019

Easter Bunny Gift Bag


 This is a bag I designed to hold some Easter themed books for my grandsons. I'm a big champion for reading to children even before they can talk or walk.  The Japanese bunny washi paper is a 12x12 piece from HM Ben Franklin Crafts and inspired the large die cut felt bunny . I cut the pink felt ears with the Paper Smooches die and then I glued it to white felt and cut around it. Googly eyes from HM BFC were glued on as well as a small pink heart nose. For the tail I used a bit of batting.
 The 'Easter Greetings' (Impression Obsession)was cut from yellow card stock and to make it match the slightly frosted sheen on the paper, I patted a gold ink pad over the words. This a simple and inexpensive way to avoid wasting the foiled or pearlized card stock.  Purple lace was glued around the washi paper and puffed green cloth hearts (from my stash of stuff) were added.  Oh yes, this bag was also started to use the cute plain white bags with the striped handles that I purchased (3 for $1.50) from our company's Daiso store.....so many goodies there! Happy crafting and bargain shopping!       
                                       

3 comments:

yyam said...

Awww....so cute!

eunice said...

Lucky grandsons to have such a thoughtful and crafty gramma! Love that you used felt for the bunnies, which is "touchy-feely" and a great idea for the little ones!

Unknown said...

The little bunny bag makes a cute touch for any gift or occasion. I'd like to see that bunny on a card too. Too cute to miss.