Monday, March 11, 2019

Pineapple Thank You Card

 Because pineapples are such a popular icon now, I considered purchasing the Sizzix die for awhile before I decided I couldn't resist it.  I thought I could use the die to make charming thank you cards to send to my mainland friends. The bumpy texture on the fruit was made with a Sizzix embossing plate that I discovered in the red tag clearance bin at HM Ben Franklin Crafts in Hilo. (I got lots of bargain items including dies, stamps, inks and even Ken Oliver pigment powders!)
 The pineapple print paper (Dandelion Designs) oval was cut with the die from the same Sizzix set.  After stamping the 'Mahalo" on yellow card stock paper, it was fussy cut and glued onto the oval.
 Unfortunately, I didn't think of where I would write my message as the texture on the fruit made it difficult to write on.  I decided to use an oval die from my Spellbinders set to cut two yellow ovals and join them at their tops to form a card to write my thank yous.  When I make this card again, I will stamp in light brown ink a texture to mimic the rough pineapple skin.  This will allow for a large smooth writing surface.  In any case, I did like the final look of the pineapple card and I think it might make a good stand up card for a table at a baby luau or local wedding.  I can imagine the menu and/or seating list printed on a paper and attached to the card. Remember that pineapples are the symbol of hospitality in different cultures so this die is a useful one for many occasions. Enjoy the sweetness of a crafty life!

1 comment:

Annette Allen said...

yay for pineapple.. this is awesome.. totally love it