Saturday, September 7, 2019

Out of This World Birthday Card


My son's birthday is coming up and again this year I struggled to make a card that will be appealing to him but not too childish.  I tend to only purchase kid-type stamps that are somewhat masculine.  I started with the 'Beam Me Up' Lawn Fawn stamp and die sets.  After stamping all the images, coloring, and die cutting them, I adhered them (with foam sticky dots) to the background paper that I created with Hero Arts 'Star Light Star Bright' and an ombre ink pad.  I embellished the card with a little crystal sparkle Stickles here and there.  The words were stamped and hand cut out.  Oh yes, the cake and gift were glued under the light beam that was made by stamping and die-cutting vellum sparkle paper. Oh,oh, I found the colored googly eyes at HM Ben Franklin Crafts and knew that they would be perfect for this card. Anyway, this is my attempt at a 'young man' birthday card.  I hope he likes it...he likes monsters!
PS. I stamped the back of the card with a Jillian Vance stamp that says, "If you knew how much time I spent on this card, you'd NEVER throw it away". Hahaha! Are sons ever sentimental?

3 comments:

yyam said...

Awww....so cute!

eunice said...

I'm certain your son loved his birthday card. After all, aren't all guys little boys at heart? You spent much time creating this fun card... that large cling background stamp is really neat and I love how you created your starry background using the ombre stamp pad... and I like how you added the colorful googly eyes and the vellum light beam!

Annette Allen said...

oh I bet he loved it. He would love any card from his momma... loving all those aliens.