Tuesday, September 3, 2019

Floral Resin Soap Dispenser


While shopping at Daiso for more items to turn into  Da--I--So Clever projects, I came across some clear plastic soap dispensers that were just begging for decorations.  Since I am a big fan of LED resin (no mixing and 1 minute hardening) and had some beautiful dried flowers (from Japan but you can press your own under books), I thought, "Why not apply the dried flowers to the bottles with the resin?" It worked! (Click on the photo to see the details better.)  I put a few dabs of resin on one face of the dispenser and arranged the flowers until I was satisfied. Then I applied more resin to the top of the floral arrangement and spread it around with my fingers.  Next, I wiped off any smudges and excess resin with a damp paper towel.  The dispenser bottle was placed under the LED light which I held over the bottle for about a minute.  I continued decorating all four sides of the dispenser and Voila! ...a beautiful gift for a flower-loving friend.  This quick method of decorating can be applied to many surfaces and stickers, buttons, or other flat items can be easily and permanently adhered with the LED/UV resin.  I hope you will give LED resin art a try....you'll soon become addicted to this versatile craft! Happy shopping at HM Ben Franklin Crafts and Daiso!

3 comments:

Annette Allen said...

oh wow this is amazing.. love the floral design... you are becoming the resin expert.. love all the projects you create with it.
Have a wonderful weekend Lynn.. hugs

eunice said...

Wow! This is truly beautiful! I really need to make time to learn this super neat craft!

Unknown said...

Really i am very impressed from this blog. Very interesting information.

Soap Dispenser