Friday, March 20, 2020

Easter Egg Shaker Card


 This is my first Easter card of the season.  It started with the purchase of Avery Elle stamp and dies sets (the little chicks). Because of the small size of the images, I intended to use them to make tags or gift bag decorations, but then I felt like making a shaker card and they seemed perfect for this use.  (The large resin bunny and Easter Egg Hunt sign were from HM Ben Franklin Crafts, too.)
I pulled out my egg dies (Spellbinders), bunny stamps ( Sister Stamps, discontinued), Easter Greetings  die (Impression Obsession), Lawn Fawn grass dies, and Sizzix circle dies.  The shaker egg part of the card was made by cutting three large eggs one from Doodlebug Designs printed paper, one from clear acetate, and one from thick sheet foam. The little colored and die cut chicks and flower sequins were placed on the card before the egg was glued down.
The Easter Greetings sentiment is one of my favorite die cut words because it is so fancy and delicate.  It is a little difficult to pop out the script without tearing it but it is so worth it. I used pearlized purple paper (DCWV) but foil paper looks good too. The Sister Stamp bunnies are my favorite Easter images because they are so-o-o- adorable especially the naughty one on the left of the egg.  I wonder why rabbits are associated with Easter eggs because we all know that they don't hatch out of them?......Chicks do!

2 comments:

eunice said...

Aww, this has got to be one of the cutest Easter shaker cards ever! Your idea to use the tiny die cut chickee stamped images inside your shaker egg is brilliant and makes your card so adorable... sort of like an cute version of an ultrasound!

yyam said...

Gosh...this is sooooooooo cute! LOVE it!