Saturday, October 11, 2008

Coupon Day!

I hope that you remembered that today was the day to use your 40% off one item coupon (in our newspaper ad). If you forgot, you still have tomorrow to use it. I knew exactly what I wanted to buy with the coupon...the Crop-A-Dile with the 6" reach! Although I have several eyelet punchers and setters, I'm hoping that this one will allow me to go through chipboard even in the center of an album cover. I'll be testing it out soon.

I found more $1 bargains at Ben Franklin Crafts. From the Royal Brush Co. I bought two Clear Choice Stamp sets (Paris and Viva France). Maybe these will encourage me to do a scrapbook on our European trip, which we took years ago. I also scooped up some $1 ribbons. The velvet rickrack ones will add texture to my autumn cards and for Valentine cards I'm going to use the grosgrain printed with hearts.

Pictured here (Click to enlarge.) are two decorated pillow boxes (Sizzix die cuts). I ran blue paper through the die cutter and then stamped it with a snowflake backgrond stamp (Hero Arts) and embossed the silver (Martha Stewart) ink design with silver glitter embossing powder (Stampendous). You can just stamp with the ink but embossing powder makes it sparkle. The snowpeople holding hands are a Sizzix die cut decorated with watercolor pencils. The single snowman cupcake is a Hero Arts rubber stamp design, colored with watercolor pencils, and decorated with crystal glitter (Martha Stewart). The boxes were folded and then glued with Fabri-Tac glue (because it sets up quickly) and the snowpeople were attached with pop-up glue dots (to add more dimension). Make dozens of these boxes now and you'll be ready to wrap up those handmade jewelry gifts or enclose the always welcomed monetary gift.

No comments: