Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Sending School Photos in Halloween Cards



Quite often school photos arrive just before Halloween. I think that it is cute to mail them out in Halloween cards that can also be photo holders/frames (later they can be included on a scrapbook page). I like the idea of being able to see part of the photo before the card is opened, so I designed my card to look like a window. Each window pane is a 1-3/4" square. The openings were cut with a craft knife and backed with acetate. The fake spider webbing ( a Halloween product sort of like polyester fiberfill) is my favorite part. The spider (the web was cut off the stamp design), words, and bat photo corners are the Studio G ($1 bargain) stamp designs. You can use glue ink (Tsukineko) and apply black flock (Stampendous) to the spider and bats or stamp the design and then fill it in with a glue pen (Martha Stewart) before dusting on the flock. The pumpkin was hand cut and the paper twist stem and leaf were glued on. I had an old envelope that was tired looking and spotted with foxing, which seemed to be perfect for a Halloween card. To make the envelope more decorative and ghoulish I stamped on the Hero Arts border stamp and sprayed and dripped Andirondac terra cotta dye over it. You can spray on any blood colored ink or thinned paint to get the same effect. Have a Happy Halloween!

No comments: