Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Recycled Japanese Wrapping Paper Card

My husband's brother and family went to Japan and brought back some tasty food gifts for us. As much as I enjoy the treats, I was just as excited about the wrapping paper that was around the Castella cake. Something about Asian graphic designed paper makes it impossible for me to throw away Japanese wrappers. Ah, so then I thought the Castella wrapping paper would make a very clever background for a thank you card for the cake and other goodies. The photo shows how I incorporated a stamped Hero Arts image of a kokeshi doll with the wrapper. To make the image stand out I colored the semi-glossy cardstock with markers and gold Smooch ( a new metallic paper paint that comes in a small nail-polish- sized bottle sold at Ben Franklin Crafts) and then raised it up on pop-dot adhesives. Adding a strip of origami paper and a torn piece of washi paper with a 'thank you' sticker finished off the easy recycled wrapping paper card. I hope that this has given you some ideas for going GREEN with your card crafting.

1 comment:

Cheryl said...

Very pretty card Lynn. I love that kokeshi doll stamp. Great idea on recycling.